Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Christian Fool: The Quran Burning



I learned earlier today that a foolish man by the name of Terry Jones decided to have a demonstration this Saturday-September 11th. This fool has it in his mind to burn hundreds of the Muslim's holy book The Quran. Now to get this out in the open, I don't support Islam nor do I directly oppose people's rights to join that religion. My opposition to Islam is pretty much the same as with Christianity in that both religions seek to force other people to their way of thinking; that they way is the one and only TRUE way. That being said, I don't really care what other people want to believe religiously; I have my world view and I wish to be left alone with it (Do Not try to convert me).

Terry Jones hasn't the foresight to see where his actions will take him, this country, and our troops who are fighting and dying in Islamic lands. While he can go back to his comfortable home and sit in relative safety, our troops will be put at a greater danger because of his demonstration. And here is where my rant comes in. A couple of weeks ago, I made a new friend (Josh Heath, and his wife Kat) who serves in the military. Josh is a Heathen (not a Christian) who has nothing to do with this mad man's rants and Quran burning; yet will suffer because of this man's actions. That one of the problems with Christians; they lack the foresight of their actions and expect their god to swoop in and fix their fuck ups when shit hits the fan. Know this Terry, when you go through with this, not only will folks who don't agree with your viewpoint (e.g. American Muslims, liberals, ect...) hate you for this, but you may find that they will burn down your church. Also you have to realize that once you go through with this, you will have the blood of our soldiers on your hands. Terry Jones, you are a short sighted fool! Your actions do not bring honor to your god or your religion, it has the complete opposite. If my friends suffer for your stupidity, I will hold you personally responsible and you shall have my wrath place upon you! You may fear your god's wrath, but you have yet to see mine! I make no threats here, just know that you will be cursed for your foolishness if you decide to go through with it.

That is all I have to say on the matter. To anyone else who is reading this, use your brain! If you belong to a faith, just worry about yourself and your community. Don't get involved with trying to destroy other people's faith. You wouldn't want someone to do that to you, would you? Live your life right, and try to coexist with folks from different faiths. This isn't a plea for Islam; I could care less about Islam. When a single person's actions effects an entire community however, I will step up an voice my opinion. This is all I have to say on the subject.

Ragnar

4 comments:

  1. yeah, brother. one of the reasons i was attracted to my Path was because it doesn't need to degrade other religions to find validity. well spoken, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron the hardest nigga out ThompsonSeptember 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM

    Interesting, but I'm confused how this man's book burning further jeopardizes soldiers in war. It's not like the muslims hate us any more for something like that. Also, religious people burn all sorts of shit all the time. Ok, well Christians burn all kinds of shit all the time lol. Organized religion is burning this world. One man does one thing in the name of his god that another may think blasphemous and we go to a long war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Ragnar.

    @Ron - The reason this is so dangerous is the amount of recruiting extremist groups will do as a result. While we have no problem recognizing that this one ignorant asshole doesn't represent America, or even conservatives or Christians, Islamic countries hold that religion and government are two parts of the same thing. There are many people who would see our government's tolerance of this, reluctant though it may be, as acceptance of it.

    I mean, consider what happened when someone drew a picture of Mohammad.

    The Daily Show had a brilliant segment on this where they did to Christianity and Judaism what Christians and Jews tend to do to Islam: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-8-2010/weekend-at-burnies

    ReplyDelete